Thursday, June 2, 2011

Random Woodwork Stuff

 This is my own personal dining room table. I was working a job where we were ripping out HUGE (and equally ugly) 1970's-walnut stain-on-rough-pine beams from the ceiling. Seeing the pile of this great but hideous wood, I couldn't bear to toss them in the dumpster. They made their way to the top of my truck and later through my planer. The result is this nice, big-ass, bulky, family table.







Back in the day, I worked with a fine chap at HomeCraft Renovation. Being the stand-up cats that we were, we needed a sign to reflect our craftsmanship...

Australian Cyprus is the lighter wood and for the life of me, I can't remember what the inlays were. They were a full 1/4" think though, and took a month of Sundays to get them all to fit just right...






Here's a conference table we made, and I have to say, I don't think I have lifted or moved anything more heavy or awkward in my life. I swear this thing was 14' long and weighed as much as an elephant.






This is a sink base I did, the top is Walnut. The base is actually an alcohol-based dye with a clear-coat and still shows the grain of the wood through. The top was shot with I don't know how may coats of Urethane, and a metric ton of wet-sanding.



And here is a little hutch. To be honest, I found this in one of my portfolio folders, but I can't even remember what state I was in when it was built. I hope I made money on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment