Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Little Trailer

After moving to Cape Cod, the land of tiny roads and lots of summer traffic, I decided my days of towing a full-sized trailer (7x16) were over. The trailer was falling apart anyway. I grabbed a cutting torch, and took the 16' long trailer down to a pile of materials in a matter of hours. Putting down the torch, and picking up the welder, I made this little 4x8 guy outta the parts and pieces. Now, because it came from a much larger trailer, I think this may be the only 4x8 trailer with brakes and a 2 5/16" ball!

Everything was reused, even the fenders above the wheels used to be for tandem tires --they were cut in 1/2 and rewelded into the single-fenders you see now. Same goes for the doors and latches --even the axle was an original one, cut and narrowed.

Now, I have one nice, tidy trailer that I can back into a Dixie Cup if I need to.




No comments:

Post a Comment